Sunday 5 September 2010

1500's going 2010

So ,the most perfect cape my money could afford ( or should i say my credit card limit could accommodate )belongs to moi. It now sits in my wardrobe but i am seriously considering having it wrapped in plastic so i can sleep with it by my side.I leave Selfridges with one of those big yellow bags and I'm not even embarrassed by how ugly the bag is. It contains  beauty, and beauty is a first necessity item.

Now, last night i went to Nomad to celebrate my lovely friend Maria birthday. Nomad is a recently opened club in Old Street and it has a very Sex and The City feel to it - me like it!I specially love the corner window overlooking Old Street. Now, that this is a place where you will find fabulous people shouldn't come as a surprise to you, but also all the most amazing haircuts in London were on show at Nomad yesterday. Asymmetric and fringes are the words for the season.So, if you are looking for great music and an inspiration for your next trip to the hairdressers, this is the place to be. What were people wearing last night? Jumpsuits are still pretty much in and are one of this pieces you can easily take from day to night by adding a pair of heels and an accessory. I usually see an awful lot of black clothes when i go out, but the trick is , add an over sized necklace or a statement pair of shoes and you will be fine.
My choice of outfit for the evening was my own interpretation of Jean Paul Gautier costumes for Madonna's Blond Ambition Tour. A Corset. Yes, as my  fellow stylish women of the 1500's did, i too resorted to the good and old corset. In my case paired with my 5 inches Louboutin heels and harem trousers. Now a corset it's what you would call a miracle worker,it makes your waist look tiny( no need to mention that it does that by crushing your hips and causing excruciating pain) , makes you look taller by keeping your posture erect and makes your boobs look fabulous, what else can a woman want out of a 40 quid piece of clothing? Mine was from Topshop who has a great selection of them this season.
Now, before i go, my tip of the day. If you're a bit bored with the selection of shoes available at the moment ( as i am) take a look at Surface to Air's website. They have some of the most amazing shoes I've seen around lately and the clothes are fabulous. Now, it makes my heart sing  that this is a Brazilian brand ( and so am i). As they only have shops in Paris and Sao Paulo at the moment you can only buy online.Or take a weekend break to Paris and come back home with a suitcase full of foot candy.
Well,give me a couple of days to come up with a few more tips and spend some more money in clothes and we will talk again.
xxx

Shoes by Surface to Air

No comments:

Post a Comment