Thursday 16 September 2010

Two ladies about town

How much does it cost to get you drunk? Well, my magic number is 50 quid. As proven last evening, 7 cocktails, 2 different bars ( Mcqueen - good music, good looking people, average cocktails and Zigfrid - good music, good looking people and delicious cocktails) got me totally wasted, much more than anyone should on a school night, but one must obey the wishes of the heart and mine really, really wanted me to get drunk last night. But what's more important is the fact that last night i had the worlwide premiere of my Isabel Marant dress. Yes,dear readers, you heard me right, i own a Isabel Marant and no, i didn't buy from some dodgy replica maker website. Before your heart stops, frozen by jealousy, you must know that  my dress comes from Marant's Etoile line, which is a "sister" or  diffusion brand as they call it. Now, sister brands are great, you obviously don't get the same high quality materials as the main brand, but you get the design, the shape of a proper designer collection at much smaller prices, it's becoming a more and more used concept, Vivienne Westwood ( Anglomania )does it and so does Valentino( Red Valentino), Moschino( Cheap and Chic), Alexander McQueen ( MCQ) and others, Selfridges stocks most of them so it's worth checking it out. Anyway, back to my Isabel Marant dress. Fisrt of all, it's fabulous, and just the thought that, at some point Isabel has touched it with her own hands...ok, maybe I'm exaggerating, I'm sure she hasn't , but everything about it it's so her and, one day, it may be in 20 years, when she's known as the Gabrielle Chanel of our times ( and she should) i will still have it, it will be vintage and hopefully I'll still be able to fit in it ( i wouldn't put my money on that one though). I know I'm getting a bit obsessive over Isabel Marant, but she is my very favourite designer for 2011, never before have i desired anything like i desire her biker leather trousers, there's a woman who knows what women want...
Hey! Don't think i forgot about the Victoria Beckham dresses, i just thought i would tell you about me and Isabel, two women, French and Brazilian about town, having fun, and looking fabulous.
x

The Biker Trousers - Isabel Marant


My Marant dress - Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment