Monday 13 September 2010

As i often say, the only good thing that happened in the 80's was me. Ok, maybe me and Robert Pattinson, but that's about it. I was never able to understand the British obsession with the 80's. Topshop changes their collections every 15 minutes, but there's ALWAYS an 80's section on their Oxford Street store. Well, as it happens, I was invited to a party this weekend. " Did you want to go to a party tonight?", my friend Mark says. Hmm...maybe...what kind of party? "It's an 80's party", - " No, i don't, thanks though" Why not? " i don't do 80's darling"- except that i did, after having him swear i wouldn't have to dress up. Well, it turns out the theme actually was " Movies from the 80's".Not sure what Scooby -Doo was doing there, but who am i to judge? It turns out that this whole thing got me thinking...maybe the 80's weren't that bad. Madonna's was her best self in the 80's, Flashdance and Dirty Dancing came out in the 80's and for some reason it seems like people did have an awful lot of fun back then. Maybe it's just because i was a child and couldn't fully enjoy that decade, maybe I'm just jealous. Anyway, i just wanted to say, i will try to be more understanding, i will even do some research and try to find some key pieces in the high street for you guys. Don't expect me to wear them though...
Changing the subject slightly, i have been looking for a jumpsuit for a very long time. Fell in love with several last season, including a beautifully cut McQueen, however, i did not have 450 pounds casually sitting in my wallet, so that was a big no no. But, once more, Philip Green comes to my rescue, Topshop has it and i want it!!!!! 55 pounds of pure joy, that's certainly the next item to come and live in the world of Narnia i have in my wardrobe.
Now, Victoria Beckham has unveiled her latest collection. I must admit i was a bit prejudiced against Posh, when i heard she was to become a designer i thought, who does she think she is? If she was here now, i would kiss her feet and beg for forgiveness. Not in a very long time have i seen clothes that look so beautiful in a woman's body. Ok, maybe you have to weigh 10 kilos to be able to look good in these clothes, but if you do, you will look damn good!Unfortunately, another downside of Victoria's collection is the price, it's torture, it's like knowing where to buy the best ice cream in the world, but it costs a thousand pounds per scoop...have no idea where this comparison came from and obviously stuffing my face with ice cream is not the way to go if i ever want to wear a Victoria Beckham, but that's how frustrated i feel. This is why I'm here though isn't it? I will try and find for you the high street version of Posh's dresses...or maybe I'm just trying to find them for myself, either way, some research is needed, I'll be back soon....

80's - Maybe it's not that bad...


Jumpsuit - Topshop


Victoria Beckham - Me like it!

1 comment:

  1. The British obsession is mainly because of the music, drugs and the fashion that came along with it! It was the era of Tatcher, rebellion, riots, the punk movement and great british bands were on top of the charts like you favourite U2, for example.

    ReplyDelete